Wednesday, November 7, 2007

We are weak, He is strong!

II Corinthians 12:9 "But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, my power is made perfect in weakness."  Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me."
 
Seems to me that some people are better at this than others...I fall into the category of people who have a hard time admitting their weaknesses and also asking for help.  God has been teaching me though to let go of this perceived strength and replace it day by day with His true strength.  What a relief to know that I don't have to be the strong one in our relationship because He wants to and by the way is way more capable of!
 
Dear Lord,  Thank You for all of Your grace filled promises in Your precious Word.  When I feel like giving in because I have tried too hard to rely on my own strength please bring me back into Your presence where I can be reminded that You are the strong one and that when I admit I am weak then Your strength is revealed in it's full power.  Amen.

No comments: