Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Hope In His Laws

Psalm 119:43 "Do not snatch the Word of truth from my mouth, for I have put my hope in Your laws."
 
Don't you just love it when a great verse gets you thinking?  This one has me pondering how important God's Word and His laws are to us...I would never have thought to say it the way David has here but yes, we do set our hopes in His laws because without them we could not also set our hope in His promises!  The laws of our Lord keep us on the right path...or so we hope!  There is not much time to go off the course here but if I were to keep going I would explore how Jesus is referred to as God the Word...
 
Dear God, Thank you for your precious Word of truth, it's laws & promises!  Please grant me as David requested and do not snatch Your Word from my mouth.  Please comfort me as I set all of my hopes in You, Your Word, Your laws and Your promises.  Amen.

No comments: