Saturday, November 3, 2007

Desires & Gifts

II Chronicles 1:11-12 "God said to Solomon, 'Since this is your heart's desire and you have not asked for wealth, riches or honor, nor for the death of your enemies, and since you have not asked for a long life but for wisdom and knowledge to govern my people over whom I have made you king, therefore wisdom and knowledge will be given you.  And I will also give you wealth, riches and honor, such as no king who was before you ever had and none after you will ever have.'"

This verse makes me smile and say, "that sounds just like you Lord!"  To reward a humble request for what is needed to serve Him with an abundent overflowing cup of all life has to offer.  

Heaven Father, I long to serve you and show your love to others.  According to Your perfect Will for my life may you please grant me wisdom to make the right choices each day.  Please help me keep the true desires of my heart in line with what is pleasing to you.  Amen.

No comments: