Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Rejoice!

Romans 5:2b-4a "And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God.  Not only so, but we also rejoice in our suffering because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope."
 
Okay this kind of goes back to the Weekly Thoughts on attitude and perception but if you can think of this verse and the phrase, "If God brings you to it then He will bring you through it," together then you will grasp my perception of this verse...  Rejoice in suffering?  Sounds crazy but God may be using...no He probably is using our suffering to mold who we are becoming...
 
Heavenly Father, In times of suffering my instinct is to complain, cry and give up.  Please stay close to me and grant that I may feel your presence.  Please help me to remember that Your precious Will is at work in my life and that You will always lead me through the storm.  Amen.

No comments: