Thursday, November 8, 2007

Friday's Verse: Tough Love

Matthew 5:44 "But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you."
 
There are many times I do pray for people who have been unkind to me, but I know this is often times easier said than done.  However, it is achievable!  I challenge you to try praying a quick blessing over the next person who cuts you off in traffic, or says something rude to you or in any other way does something offensive...I'm not saying it's going to come naturally (ever) but you will feel better about the choice you made!
 
Dear Lord, I know there are many people in this world who are unkind to me and those around me.  I ask You to please bless them each in the way they need it most in their lives right now.  Please help me to show Your love to them even if they have been less than loving to me.  Amen.

No comments: