Monday, November 5, 2007

Build Your Faith

Jude 20-21 "But you, dear friends, build yourselves up in your most holy faith and pray in the Holy Spirit.  Keep yourselves in God's love as you wait for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ to bring you to eternal life."
 
If you ever want to read an entire book of the Bible, be uplifted and armed to battle the day but are short on time then might I suggest the book of Jude?  Only 25 verses long and I would venture to say that as with many Bible passages this can really be applied to today's world.  This particular part reminds me that while we are ever becoming Christians and ever growing in our faith we must strive more and more to cling to God and keep in His love.
 
Dear God,
I know that I need you in my life.  I am thankful for the promise of salvation and await your mercy with the eagerness of a child.  Please continue to help me to build my relationship with you and to always pray in your Spirit.  Amen.

No comments: