Monday, November 19, 2007

Foolish Wisdom

I Corinthians 1:20 "Where is the wise man? Where is the scholar?  Has not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?
 
This verse says two distinct things to me... First, it reminds me that no amount of "intellectual faith" can bring me as close to God as a personal relationship through Jesus Christ.  The other is that the wisdom of this world is foolish, it says it plain as day right?  So if you do not have a personal and meaningful relationship with God than it's all worthless...   "Jesus Loves Me This I Know," and that is really all we need to know, right?  Through the eyes of a child!
 
Heavenly Father, Thank You for Your precious Word which we can absorb through quiet time spent with Your Spirit.  Please help me to remember that no matter how wise I may become by man's standards it is mere foolishness in Your eyes and therefore should not be what I am striving for...help me to strive for a personal relationship with You through Your Son Jesus.  Amen.

No comments: