Monday, January 21, 2008

Thankful Joy

 
Psalm 126:3 "The Lord has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy."
 
In a world where everything emphasizes convenience and "have it all" it is easy to take one's blessings for granted.  Heat, shelter, clothing, running water, food, our family, and the list could go on and on and on because everything we have the Lord has done for us or given to us and we should be filled with joy.  Every moment of every day we should be rejoicing! 
 
Dear God,  Thank You for all the great things You have done for me!  I am filled with joy when I try to begin a list because I know I could never possibly finish thank You for all the blessings.  Please help me to keep a thankful attitude and to always allow Your presence to fill me with Your joy.  Amen.

No comments: