Sunday, January 20, 2008

1-18-2008: God's Power

 
I Corinthians 2:5 "so that your faith might not rest on men's wisdom, but on God's power."
 
Sometimes when I open my Bible to leaf through it while trying to listen to what God may be speaking in my heart that day I find myself reading a verse and getting this, "oh, okay God, I get it" reaction.  I am usually in need of the very same things I write about through His blessings and inspirations here.  I've been learning more and more about the Bible, about God and about myself every morning and every weekend when I write these emails and I thank you each for allowing me to share these moments with you.  This verse says to me that faith is not to be placed in things of this earth, in men of this earth but only in God.  Also, it reminds me that when I feel my faith is not strong enough for the challenge that God's power is and so I need to call on Him...in bad times and in the good to praise Him, thank Him and to serve Him.
 
Dear Lord,  Thank You for Your power in our lives.  Please help us to remember how big our God is when our faith may falter and start to cry out about how big our problems are.  Amen.
 
Sorry today's got so long!!

No comments: