Sunday, January 20, 2008

1-17-2008: Divine Protection

Psalm 32:7 "You are my hiding place; You will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance."
 
Can I shout AMEN in an email?  Here's an awesome, real life, just happened blessing of protection: First let me say that my husband is alright because of God's divine protection...but he got into a one car wreck this morning on his way home from work...there is not quite an inch of snow on the ground here and it has switched to freezing rain so he left early knowing the roads would be bad and turns out they are pretty treacherous.  Anyways, hubby was driving in the right lane of the interstate going really slow because the roads are so slick.  This semi-truck came flying by him and when the truck passed him the wind it created sent his little "weighs nothing" Mustang into a hydroplane that spun him around and threw him across the lanes towards the left side concrete barrier, he was able to keep it off the wall the first go round but then his bumper made contact during the second spin.  So here it is 6 am and I have been up for 2+ hours already, nursing his nerves with Hot Cocoa and listening to him tell me how he "knows how the NASCAR guys feel when they hit the wall."  By the grace, love and protection of God hubby's physically okay other than being really shaken up.   So again I say, can I shout AMEN in an email?  I hope ya'll have a blessed and protected day!
 
Dear Lord, from the depths of my heart I thank and praise You for protecting my husband and delivering him safely home to us.  Thank You for always protecting and delivering us when it is according to Your Will.  Please help us to always remember that when we come through something scary in one piece that it is not luck but Your divine intervention.  Amen.

No comments: