Tuesday, January 29, 2008

His Joy Will Sustain Us

Psalm 51:12 "Restore to me the joy of Your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me."
 
Life can throw some big punches at us and some days it may seem hard to be joyful through our proverbial black eye...but it is our choice as to how we will react.  It may be a difficult choice to say to the Lord through your tears or pain, "Restore to me the joy of Your salvation..."   Yet if we cry out to the Lord that we do want to restore our joy no matter how glum things look than I would be inclined to believe that He will grant us a willing spirit so we may be sustained.
 
Dear Lord,  Thank You for Your salvation promises and for always being here for us when we cry out.  Please help us to not stray too far and to always remember that choosing Your joy will sustain us.  Amen.

No comments: