Monday, December 3, 2007

Monday's Verse: Too Much Trust?

I Corinthians 10:13 "No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it."  Semi-Related Quote of the Day: "I know God says He will never give us more than we can handle, I just wish He didn't trust me so much!" -Mother Teresa
Ok, I LOVE Mother Teresa's quote here!  Haven't we all felt like the world is piling up on our shoulders?  I have had to recite this verse {paraphrased as I can recall} to get myself going on more than one occasion but I never thought of it this way, it's a funny, positive spin as opposed to just whining through a pity party!
 
Dear God, Thank You so much for all You give us, thank You for always providing us with what we need to survive all that life throws our way.  Please help me to remember that You are with me, You are keeping me from bearing more than I am capable because You are my strength, shield, my everything!  Amen.

No comments: