Monday, December 17, 2007

Don't Give Up!

Galatians 6:9 "Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up."
 
God wants us to prosper, He wants to reward us for our faith...however, His timing is perfect while our timing tends to be in line with this "me" generation that wants it all right now.  In Joel Osteen's first book he tells us when we're "waiting" for our harvest to come in that we should not focus on our problems, needs and wants but rather those of someone else.  Not only does it get our minds off of what we're trying to wait for but also it sows more good seeds and hey you may just feel blessed for being able to bless another!
 
Dear God, Thank You for Your promises that we will reap what we sow.  Please help me to keep my mind off of my needs and wants and help me to focus instead on those around me so that I may stay strong and not grow weary in waiting for Your perfect timing in my life.  Amen.

No comments: