Monday, December 10, 2007

Brought Near By God

Ephesians 2:13 "But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far away have been brought near through the blood of Christ." 
 
Blood has such power attached to it in the Bible and I know I do not fully know and understand it but I do remember this:  in the Old Testament or under the Old Covenant people had to use the blood of animals in order to obtain God's promises...however, once Jesus came it became a whole new ball game!  His blood through His road to the cross and death thereupon replaced the Old Covenant with a new and better one, one that brought us all from far away to near. 
 
Dear Lord,  Thank You for Your Covenant promises!  Thank You for Your Lamb who takes away the sins of the world.  Please forgive me for all I have done that is unpleasing to You and help me to stay nearer Lord to You.  Amen.

No comments: