Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Let's Follow Him!

 Mark 1:17-18 ""Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men." At once they left their nets and followed Him."
 
Imagine dropping everything and following God.  How often do we see this in this modern world?  Pastors and priests, maybe...in our church the priests are assigned to a church, they do not decide where - they just follow where the church tells them to go...although I am sure they bring most of their possessions with them.  I long for the kind of faith that will drop everything and follow if and when God chooses to call to me, "Come, follow."
 
Dear God, Thank You for the amazing examples in the Bible of Holy & Righteous people who loved You first and best.  Please help me to leave my old ways of thinking behind so that I may come and follow You wherever You may ask me to go.  Amen.

No comments: