Friday, May 9, 2008

Praise Him Even When...

Psalm 59:16 "But I will sing of Your strength, in the morning I will sing of Your love; for You are my fortress, my refuge in times of trouble."

If you read the entire Psalm 59 it will almost seem as if this verse is out of place...David is being risen up against by his enemies for no wrongs done, yet here he stops in his pleas for help to take time to praise our awesome God!  It is not out of place, it is an amazing lesson all in one little chapter!  When times are tough, and it seems everything is against us, it is so important to stop ourselves, in the midst of our please for help, and thank and praise our Lord from the bottom of our hearts for all the blessings He has and does grant us day in and day out.

Heavenly Lord,  I want to thank You for all the gracious blessings You have bestowed upon me and my family.  I want to thank You for always being my help, my fortress, my loving God in times of trouble.  Please help me to always have my heart in the right place and to remember to praise Your holy and awesome Name no matter what I may be going through.  Amen.

No comments: