Sunday, May 25, 2008

God's Love Will Never Cease!

I Corinthians 13:8 "Love never fails.  But where there are prophesies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away."
 
I love the verses about love in I Corinthians, but I used to stop reading at the third word of verse 8.  There is something important here though - it just doesn't tell us about love never failing it also tells us about all the things which will fail, fade, cease and pass away.  And, if God is love, than how eternally reassuring is it that He will never cease, still or pass away?  
 
Dear Lord,  I am very thankful for Your amazing love and the eternalness of that love!  Please help me to remember that while many things of this world may go away You and Your love are here to stay!  Amen.  

No comments: