Thursday, April 3, 2008

The True Light

John 8:12 "When Jesus spoke again to the people, He said, "I am the Light of the world.  Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light if life."
 
I don't know about you but if I had to choose I would choose the light over darkness any day!  Jesus is the true Light, He has defeated the darkness!!  I love thinking about this and about how this means that when I give my life over to Him I will never have to walk in the dark again...this is some amazing and reassuring news!
 
Father, Especially around the celebration of Your Son's Resurrection, we give You thanks for sending Jesus to become man and to be our Light.  Please help me to remember that because of Your grace, mercy, love and sacrifice, we no longer need to be afraid of the dark.  Amen.

No comments: