Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Sacrifice of Waiting?

Hebrews 9:28 "so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many people; and He will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for Him."
 
Sacrifice...that word means different things to different people.  In any case it is generally accepted that you give up something valuable, right?  Christ gave us His life, God the Father gave us His Son...what have we given to them?  Our time?  Talents?  Treasures?  Oh, and are we waiting for His return as a child waits for Christmas morning?  Or are we merely walking through this life trying to survive another day and waiting for our future to arrive? 
 
Father, I am humbled as I thank You for Your ultimate sacrifice that You gave up in order to save me, a sinner.  I beg of You to please forgive my shortcomings and help me to joyfully anticipate Your triumphant return for those of us who are waiting for You.  Amen.

No comments: