Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Nothing To Fear

Matthew 10:28 "Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul.  Rather, be afraid of the one who can destroy both soul and body in hell."
 
Ok, since there is another verse which tells us that God did not give us the spirit of fear than I do not think our Savior is condoning fear.  How I read this is this: He is telling us don't be afraid of things of this world, even murders.  The only thing possibly worthy of fear is the devil and his dwelling which can destroy our souls.  That sure puts things in perspective for me!!
 
Dear Lord, Thank You for showing us what we should not fear.  Please help me to always remember the really scary thing is hell and the devil and that You have already saved me from them so there really is nothing to fear.  Amen.

No comments: